Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tootling Down Easy Street

I just can't contain my excitement about how much I'm liking how my Easy Street Mystery quilt is looking.  I.am.loving.it!  I'm happy with the colors I chose, I'm happy with the pattern, I.am.very.pleased!  And here's a pic of what would be one corner.  This corner consists of 3 block "A", 1 block "B", a corner triangle block and 2 setting triangle blocks.  Overall, there are 16 block "A"s, 9 block "B"s, - all set on point - 4 corner triangles (stating the obvious right?), and 12 setting triangles - it will measure 84" square before borders (optional).  I still need to finish the last two seams on the "B" blocks and then I can assemble the top.


If you tilt your head to the right so that the block corner becomes the bottom left corner you'll have the correct orientation of the setting.

I'm pretty well pooped out tonight so will sew those seams tomorrow after I get home from my MRI.  Painkillers have really only taken the edge off the pain.  Sitting is somewhat comfortable up to a point, then I have to get up and move around, but moving around, standing, bending and laying down, all hurt, so I'm sure hoping that whatever is found in the MRI can be dealt with and eventually free me from pain.  Pain or no pain, chores need to be done so beyond sewing, I did a few loads of laundry, the dishes, and fixed supper today and that's why I'm pooped and am going to go watch the rest of Oregon vs. Kansas....GO DUCKS!

2 comments:

  1. Lee, after looking at some of the others that followed the recommended color choices I was thinking, "I can't wait to see how Lee's looks - I bet her's looks great!" It's fantastic! The fabric that looks like orange peel blocks looks neat in the small black and white squares.

    Can't wait to see it all together!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors you choose are beautiful! I wish my grey would have been a little darker. Hope they find out what is causing your pain and get you better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...