Thursday, December 29, 2011

Painting the Barn

Whew, that took some time! First, I couldn't get my photo software to work last night to edit a photo to add as my profile image so gave up and went to bed. I shut my computer down at night so it has to reboot, which seems to have fixed that problem...it happens frequently even after uninstalling and reinstalling the software (I'll request new electronics for NEXT year's Christmas present, lol.).

Even harder than that was to re-locate how in the world to ADD my profile photo to Blogger. I once considered myself pretty smart. In fact, office co-workers back in the mid-70s use to refer to me as a "walking-talking-computer-almost". Well, those days are long gone, and I have trouble even remembering what I had for breakfast half the time (it's almost always buttered toast, hehe) so trying to remember how to find the way to add the photo was both perplexing and time-consuming. And I'm sure I'll go through this ordeal again when I change out the current photo (which is pre-chopping off the long braided pony tail) for one hopefully a little more attractive. A friend's dad use to say "If the barn needs painting, by all means paint it." and that's exactly how I feel about photos I see of myself, blech, plain, dull...and please, I am NOT fishing for compliments...I'm well aware how plain...and old... I've begun to look. I may or may not summon the energy to 'paint' the barn very often!

Note to self: to edit the profile file, click on 'my account'...that'll get you started, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, my friend, what's the old saying? Pretty is as pretty does. I think you have a spicy personality and plenty of inner beauty which tend to reflect themselves in one's countenance (and the spicy part in the twinkle of one's eyes!), no matter how plain they believe themselves to be!! And you've got a great smile, too -- a great, beautiful smile! (So there.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...