As I went to quilt camp in July, I was able to get sewing on more than one NewFO. I'm not giving consideration that I actually cut the fabrics in June. That was rather necessary given that I was leaving for the wet land on 3 July and quilt camp started on the 10th, and that I'd be taking all my sewing gear as well as suitcases and other paraphernalia needed by myself and Nick, all in one little ol' vehicle.
Before I show my projects, I have to tell about something I found funny. I was being very stringent with the amount of stuff I wanted to take to camp: sewing machine, SewEzi table, folding cart, 2 project bins (9x14x7), a bin of supplies, laptop, personal clothing, etc. The day arrived to go to my aunt's and pick her up, I walked into the house, saw her pile of stuff which was quite substantial I thought until she showed me even more stuff that was going with us. I think she recognized my surprise at the amount of 'stuff' because she said I would be even more amazed at the amount of stuff some of the others bring! It was truly a learning experience. My stuff was sufficient, perhaps more than sufficient! But all of the stuff filled my Highlander to the gills leaving very little room to see through the rear-view mirror, and that with the seats folded down!
Now to July's NewFO projects:
|Bow Tie blocks. I started these as leaders / enders but am excited about them and will likely do them more quickly.|