Monday, June 10, 2013

Design Wall Monday

I may be getting to this late in the day but it is still Monday, at least here in the West :)

On my wall today is the string quilt I'm working on; the latest picture:



I'm liking what I'm seeing, and this is only 12 of the blocks. I have more but didn't have room for them on the wall with the spools still on there.  This may or may not be the final layout, and I haven't decided if I want to simply sew the blocks together or use a sashing in between, and if I go with the sashing, I haven't yet thought about whether to go scrappy in the same color family, or use a single fabric.  I have a dark blue 'ugly' floral fabric I could use, but haven't given it the road test yet.  If you haven't already checked in over at Patchwork Times, go spend some time there looking at the beauties others are posting.

In other news, we were all up at 4:00 a.m. this morning so that Nick could be out the door with Marty by 5:00 in order to be at the airport by 6:00 for the 8:00 a.m. flight time.  The group made it to D.C. without incident at the expected time and Nick called to let me know shortly after they landed.  He then called back later in the evening and chatted for awhile.  The got caught in a pretty good rain at the Washington Memorial and he said he got quite wet.  Their dinner was at a seafood buffet and he ate three plates of food: the first was crab legs, 2nd was popcorn shrimp and 3rd was mahi-mahi...he didn't mention a single vegetable, and he doesn't eat salad, but he did say he had ice cream.  They'll be awakened at 6:30 a.m. for another very full day of events, and I expect that by the time he gets home at 7:00 p.m. Saturday night, he's going to be quite the tired young man as every day is absolutely go-go-go!  What a time to remember though, and I hope he does remember in the future and look back at this special opportunity with great joy.  I continue to pray for him and the entire group.

Taken at 5:00 a.m. this morning just before they walked out the door!
I miss this boy <3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...