Friday, February 17, 2012

Fina-Lee Friday

As another week bites the dust:
  • I was on facebook and one of my 'friends' had posted "I wish the world was flat so stupid people would fall off.". I don't know why, but at the time, that just cracked me up. Maybe because I find myself with similar sentiments at times. But I wonder, if the world was flat, where would they fall off to? and, would a flat world be as thin as a sheet of paper, or would it look like the Borg ship in Star Trek only a whole lot bigger? Would it be round like a flat pancake? or square? maybe triangular. And for all those flat-earthers out there, if the earth is flat, where IS the edge? Makes you wonder.
  • If I were to vacuum up all the dust in our house, I wonder if I could grow crops if I were to empty the dust into a planter. Maybe I could just plant seeds where the dust lies and water it. I did vacuum the dust off of our computer desks, and under them in amongst all those nasty wires. I detest the wires and cords spaghetti pile!
  • Nick doesn't have school today; it's a teacher in-service day. Those started out as 2-hours, then went to 1/2 day, and is now a full day. Marty is also working from home today. I was liking that he was going in on Fridays again even though it's an awful traffic commute for him. Both of my guys have Monday off due to it being President's Day.
  • Either it was pretty much a quiet week or I just didn't care to pay much attention to traffic and some of the other oddities I see now & then.
  • We're beyond the middle of February, and I'm not making much progress quilt-wise other than having pinned Feb's UFO challenge quilt, and the initial quilt-in-the-ditch of the guild quilt. As a matter of fact, I'm not making much progress on anything. It's almost 11:30 a.m. and I'm still sitting in my robe fully aware there's a pile of dishes that STILL needs to be washed, a load of laundry STILL in the washer, floors to sweep, more dust, and piles of paper to sort/toss/shred/file/computerize, whatever the case may be, and a myriad of other things to do, including the quilting and working on genealogy.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You started of rather philosophical and ended with hard, cold reality. Because yes, laundry and dirty dishes were my hard, cold reality, yesterday too. But now they're behind me (and since Todd's on shift today, I truly will NOT have to deal with them at all today) and Saturday, for all its forecasted rain, is looking pretty darn bright! LOL! Lee, I hope you have a great weekend -- and enjoy a long one with your fellows! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...