Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stash Report - Week 16

FINALLY, I have a finish this week (month, year, decade, lol).  OK, decade is probably a bit of an overstatement, but let's face it, it has been a very long time since I've had an all-the-way-done FINISH.  

When my friend Lois gave me all the fabric she no longer wanted from her years of clothing and what-not projects, I'd laundered it all, fiber tested and tallied up the yardage and pieces and it equated to over 52 yards!  That's a lot of fabric to give away, so I decided I'd make her a quilt.  That was in September 2006.  It only took me 6.5 years to get it done.  Yikes!

We've been friends since the early to mid-90's and have spent many hours (in the past) hiking, back-packing, camping, camp-cooking and enjoying God's Creation on numerous outings.  Many of the fabrics depict the outdoors so it makes a great memory quilt for her.  These days, she still gets out more than I do for these outings.  Lois also house and pet sits for us if Marty and I are gone any part of the summer at the same time. 

Used This Week: 10.25 yards
Used Year to Date: 10.25 yards
Added This Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 14.625 yards
Net Used for 2013: -4.375 yards 


Head over to Patchwork Times and how others have done this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...