Wednesday, April 24, 2013

UFO Progress

Judy's having us link up on our UFO progress this week, and if you've kept up with my few posts this week, you'll know that I was almost finished with Cumberland Mountain, a quilt I started in Sept 2006 and had last worked on in Jan 2009.  I am very happy to report it is finished.  Here now are some photos of the finished UFO quilt :)

Getting a true daylight sunlit photo with my wonderful helpers, Marty and Nick.


Laid out on a double-bed for size reference.  It works as either a coverlet, a large lap blanket, or something to drape over the sofa.

Mom, what? This wasn't made for me? 
It feels so very good to have a finish.  I've updated my Gallery, my 2012 UFO List, and my UFO Parade tabs to reflect my finish.  I didn't list it in my Get It Done 2013 tab so no update there.  Now, what to work on next?  I'm really dragging my feet on that one because I really, really want to work on some of my newer UFO's or start more new projects (I need an April NewFO, still time!), but I still have at least a half-dozen  other 2006 starts that need to be finished. I haven't sewn since I finished Cumberland Mountain, so really need to get moving.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish!! Looks wonderful and kitty likes it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely quilt. Congratulations on getting it finished!

    I know we are all making our own rules when it comes to getting UFO's done. . . but I would think you could cut yourself some slack and work on a newer UFO if that is the one that is calling your name.

    Have you made any "bargains" with yourself in regards to starting *new* projects? I'm starting a new quilt as a Leader/Ender project while I try to clear out some of the multitude of UFOs, WIPS, Flimsys, and kits in my sewing area.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish! I really like the fact that your quilting is simple and complements the piecing, letting it shine rather than overwhelming it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done- your quilt is beautiful. You could always alternate your UFO choice. An old one then a new one. That may help to keep up the fun and impetus, instead of it sometimes feeling like a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous quilt and a fabulous example of self-discipline: to stick with it until it was done. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Cumberland Mountain quilt. It is really pretty. I also love your furbaby laying on the quilt. Orange kitties are so beautiful. Good for you on finishing a UFO. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful quilt. All those hst's. Amazing. I can't do them very well, so I'm impressed! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finish and a delightful quilt! You go girl! :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Love all those HSTs zigging and zagging. Maybe you can alternate between old & new UFOs?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...