Friday, March 29, 2013

Repurposing

Quite awhile back Nick decided he was going to clear a few things out of his room that he didn't want any longer.  One of the items is this toy bin rack set-up: 

Oh my, look at that dust!

There are actually two of these and the other bins are blue and red.  He had placed them in the upstairs hallway until we could get around to actually dealing with the bin contents and deciding what to do with them.  Then I broke my foot and I've largely ignored them ever since and we just keep walking past them in our now much narrower hall space.  I have cleaned out the bins of the one rack and am even using the bins for my scrap cutting, and thought I'd place one of these racks in my stash closet.  Unfortunately, it's all of about 1/2" too wide to fit in the space between the edge of the shelves in the closet and the opposing wall, shoot!, and it's about a foot too long to fit on that opposing wall.  So what's a woman to do?  Well, without those plastic bins, I was looking at the rack and thinking "RACK" as in "QUILT RACK".  Oh I love when an idea hits me like that.  So here is what it will be...can you believe I don't have a finished quilt to put on it though, except maybe a Christmas one and that can wait until Christmas to be displayed.  A stadium throw works for now for picture purposes

I'm placing it at the top of the stairs, but off to the side, and under a big mirror (which I finally re-hung after several years realizing the hallway isn't going to get painted any time soon).  Directly at the top of the stairs is a cupboard and I can't block that off.  Now I have to figure out what to do with the other rack...and all those bins and the stuff in them.  We're overflowing with 'stuff' and I need to get busy I suppose sorting through stuff that's been placed in the garage and decide if it just gets donated or, shudder, I attempt my first-ever yard/garage sale.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...