Monday, March 4, 2013

Design Wall Monday

In less than two weeks, I will be off to a quilt show where I will spend the entire day with a friend in a class making a Christmas wall hanging.  She talked me into it!! I hadn't planned on it and had thrown the brochure away even, thinking I might not even go to the show, but she talked me into it :-) And I'm glad she did.  I will be learning some new stuff.  I've never done machine applique and will be using a fusible web, and using invisible thread, which I've only experimented with once, quite a long while ago.

I don't know why this rotated :s

I've pulled some fabrics in reds and greens.  Not all of these will be used, or maybe they will, I will have to decide. They will be used in a tree made of  half-square triangles, some in stars, and some in clothing. The tree's trunk is HST's in brown; there are boys and girls so there are dresses and pants and shirts, and skin, and hair, so I need to cut the suggested size pieces from these fabrics.


 The quilt has two light backgrounds, again I will have to choose - I may still re-check my stash.

The browns at the left are for the trunk, the next set is for hair, the black and navy for pants, and the far right pile is for skin colors.
I am beginning to really look forward to the class.  Just last night my friend emailed me and asked if I was ready - only 6 days to go, lol. NOT, I think she's really anxious to start the class, as it's not until the 16th, that's still 12 days away!

See who's posted over there Design Walls at Patchwork Times 
.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing Christmas in March! I've been doing a little of that myself. You've pulled some lovely fabrics -- can't wait to see what you create from your class! FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...