Friday, March 8, 2013

Acrylic Quilting Table Attachment

Wayyyy back here, I wrote about my breaking my acrylic quilting table attachment.  Was it really that long ago?  Yes, yes, well, I'm here to let you know, I finally searched for the super glue, found it and attempted to fixed it.

Why would I consider Superglue you might ask? Even further back in my quilting history, I'd dropped my 6" x 24" ruler on the floor, right onto the hard tile floor, and it chipped a good 1" piece right out of a corner, so I got out the Superglue then and fixed it.  It's held wonderfully, though it may not be as pretty as from the manufacturer, but with that in the back of my brain, I decided I'd try to fix the acrylic attachment.  I figured nothing to lose as at this point it was a useless, high-cost, piece of acrylic.  Had same, said brain been fully functioning, I'd have taken those 4 white legs off and put the tape on the other side and not had to worry so much about now getting the excess dried glue and the blue painter's tape that stuck to it off!  

The best news is, the glue worked here too! and my quilting bed is now functional again.  You didn't know that was part of the reason I haven't been getting any quilting done, did you?  That's my excuse, and I'm sticking (love the pun?) to it ;P

Not 'perfect' but oh-so-close, and certainly not pretty, but it WILL WORK.


If you have any ideas to smooth out the little bit of overflow and remove the rest of the tape that's stuck to the overflow, I'd be appreciative of your suggestions.  Water may remove a little more of the tape, and I'm not sure if a super fine sandpaper or steel wool will smooth off the glue without further scratching the acrylic.  Worst case, I'll just put another piece of blue painter's tape along that line as fabric will glide over it pretty easily, and may even over the residue, but it would sure be nice to have it clean up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...