Saturday, July 28, 2012

So Little of Interest

I must apologize to any of my blog-followers who are wondering where I've been.  I just haven't had much to say and not much of interest to try to make sound interesting.  There hasn't even been much to take photos of, but I will post a brief video at the end today.

Yesterday was my birthday.  Quite uneventful other than to say I'm now in my last year of 50-something.  I remember when I was a kid and thinking how OLD I'd be if I should live so long as to reach the year 2000. Well, it's now 2012 and I'm a whole lot older than I thought I'd be way back then.  For my birthday, I chose to go to dinner at the Olive Garden, and I really spread my wings.  Instead of my usual soup, salad and breadsticks I tried something new off the menu.  Gotta tell you, in some areas, I'm as consistent as they come and when I find something I like at a restaurant, I'll order it every time!  Besides, s.s.& b. is quite a bargain at under $7.  But, I mixed it up a little.  I had  Moscato Peach Chicken: Grilled chicken breasts with a moscato wine and peach glaze served with spinach, tomatoes and curly mafalda pasta in a creamy parmesan sauce with a touch of pancetta bacon.Ooooh yes, it was quite tasty, if not pricey at the same time! We don't eat out a lot, usually just special occasions.  This still came with salad.  Boo-hiss, blech....there was a hair in my salad, but no problem, the waiter gladly replaced bowl of salad and salad plate that I'd already been eating from and where I discovered the hair!  Having had a late lunch, and extra salad ;) and a couple of those breadsticks, all of us only ate about 1/2 our meal bringing the rest home originally intended for lunch.

For dessert, I decided we'd hop on over to Ben and Jerry's for my favorite Cherry Garcia ice cream cone - so glad it's also available at most stores...every once-in-awhile, I'll pick up a carton and savor it over several days eating straight from the carton :)

Then went home and was gifted with my much-wanted Garmin Nuvi GPS unit for my car...yes, I'm happy! and then watched the opening ceremony of the olympics.  That was quite sufficient fanfare for my birthday!

Today, my boys went with one of Marty's friends a good hour or more drive from here to some fishing store...why, I've no clue, because Marty doesn't enjoy fishing much and has only been a few times, and Nick does like to fish but has only been a few times because of aforesaid Marty's not so much enjoyment of that activity.   Not sure when they'll be home.  So I'm just puttering and accomplishing little.  Because they went where the went, they weren't home for lunch for those leftovers and I ate a very late breakfast, so for lunch just fixed a couple pieces of toast and we can all have our leftovers for dinner along with a green salad.

So, speaking of spreading wings, the babies in the nest under the patio, and there were four after all, well, two of them have already flown the coup.  Number 3 is about ready to and that's what the video shows.  It was still there 15 minutes or so ago.  Number 4 seems to be either a late hatch or a real runt, and will probably be several days to a week yet before it's ready to say goodbye to the nest.  It's been nice to watch them grow, but filming/photographing is not optimal so I haven't done much in that regard. Number 3 shows action about 2/3 of the way through, until then I think it's picking ants off the back beam.  So, without further adieu:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...