Friday, July 6, 2012

Fina-Lee Friday

Who knew it would be so hard to get back into the swing of things after a near-month long vacation.  Some tidbits of the week:
  • Marty and Nick went to see a movie this afternoon.  Why was not Marty at work you ask.  He had the day off as 'bonus' for extra hours put in over the last month of working on a deadline project.  They saw The Avengers.  The only comment: "Guess you had to see the original movies." (pertaining to each individual superhero).
  • Raven snubbed me for over an hour right after we got back home last Sunday night.  She's happy now and being my best friend...or not.  Tonight, she chewed through the small electrical cord on my mini-desk fan. Boo! Hiss! Bad Kitty! Good thing it was only a 6.0 V output.  No indication she felt the slightest of zaps.  Now she's chewing on something else...maybe I should get a dog-muzzle and put on her!
  • We had Panda Express for dinner tonight.  One of the items was Mandarin Chicken.  Seems someone was heavy-handed with the salt when making it.
  • Summer heat is beginning to kick in.  I sure enjoyed the very much cooler weather, and some rain, while up north.  Marty keeps saying we need to get out of this state.  Uh huh.
  • Not sure how many loads of laundry I did after vacation.  But it was a lot.  A lot spread over nearly every day this week.  And mail to sort through.  Marty picks out the bills to be paid - oops! missed one - it was due the day I was driving home, and all else is left for me to pick through when I get back.  
  • I haven't found too many things that have been put away "in the wrong place" while I was gone this year.  That's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. It always takes me a little while to get it back together when I return from a get-away, too! I loved the last observation ... that not TOO many things were in the wrong place! I *beg* Todd not to put up the clean dishes, so that I don't have to figure out where they are and put them where they belong! LOL! Welcome home, my friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...