Monday, February 3, 2014

Safe Arrival

My travel here to the wet land was without incident and without precipitation..well, except for a few sprinkles in Eugene.  15 hours on the road stopping only for gas, pit stops and one much needed catnap (20 minutes) brought me straight to the hospital where my mom is.

While enroute, I received a call from my sister when I was still about 3 hours out saying my mom was undergoing a second surgery.  She is fighting sepsis at this point, is in ICU, and is deemed critical. She is sedated and on a ventilator.  She's quite a sight to see, just would be nice if it was a healthy sight.  Being sedated via propofol, she's not awake to be able to communicate or open her eyes, but the sedation is light so she is aware when you're there, can likely hear but will not remember, and at times responds to touch and being talked to by facial grimaces and breathing changes.

I slept well last night after my drive having had only 2 1/2 hours sleep the night before, and I expect I'll sleep well tonight, and, speaking of which, I need to hit the mattress as it's after 11:00.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely. I know you are relieved to be there with your mom. Sepsis is serious stuff. I'll be thinking about you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safe and sound. Continuing to lift y'all in prayer. And Marty and Nick, too. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...