Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday Stuff

I know today is supposed to be Toaster Oven Tuesday, but I must apologize for not having anything to share.  I will be temporarily suspending T.O.T. until my return home which could be a couple weeks or longer or months at this point.  We just don't know.

The situation with my mom remains critical and will be so until, and if, she overcomes the sepsis infection, and her kidneys return to normal or near/normal function.  Her condition is further complicated by diabetes.  I'm in the primary role of being the one "in charge" and to whom everyone comes for information on how she's doing, somewhat by default, somewhat by ability, and it's going to be a long haul.  

I spent 3 1/2 hours this morning at the hospital, another four in the afternoon, watched snow fall but thankfully not stick, drove to my aunt's and had chili and a couple hours of being able to relax in a good atmosphere.  It was much needed.  

There are some family contentions rearing up.  One hates the surgeon who in his eyes "has (messed) up" on three separate occasions with my mom's surgeries and doesn't know if things are being handled correctly.  Another thinks she should be transferred to a large cities hospital (that one has a daughter who works there but 'that one' is not directly a family member), and another listens to the one who thinks the doctor "(messed) up" and is already talking lawsuit.  Keep in mind, that individual pumps gas for a living.  Yep, family drama, we got it, and it's going to get worse.  Oh yes, and one other who is already questioning the answers I've been given from the medical staff because she thought she was told something different.  Gotta love 'em and there are days I can only by God's grace.  None know the Lord, and we are not the Waltons. 

My husband and Nick miss me.  And I miss them.

2 comments:

  1. Consider yourself hugged, Lee. You need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying God gives you incredible patience, wisdom and discernment through this. And that His grace shines through you in such a way that it would touch the lives of all your family while you're there. And definitely -- {{{{hugs!}}}} :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...