Sunday, February 23, 2014

Downhill Slide

Without going into all the detail at this time, I'm posting just to let you know that my Mom was removed from all life-sustaining means on Wednesday.  She is still with us but not fully with us.

I am thankful to all who have commented and prayed and all who didn't comment yet prayed.  Please forgive me if I don't respond directly to you for awhile.  The last three weeks have been long, and tiring, but very rewarding in many ways as well.  The road ahead is still unknown, but has many bumps in it looking ahead to when she passes on (could be hours, could be days), especially with and for my dad.

His whole world is being shaken up, he's tired, confused, angry, lost, can't control Mom's health & passing, and it's heart-wrenching to watch.  It's clear I'll be remaining here awhile, and yet I have my son and husband 900 miles away who need me too.

Much prayer is still needed, in so many ways.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you made the decision to go when you did, even though I know it's been hard being away from your own family. Hugs from Mid-TN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Lee. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sad and stressful time for you. Keeping you in my prayers x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...