|My selection of FQs for the project, with the pattern shown.|
|My background & borders selection.|
|Bundled after cutting. 42 strips from that back bundled set have been removed and further cut and re-bundled.|
My 1930's repro collection is still good-sized, but this does use up 23 FQs.
Why did I bundle the pieces with paper? OK, well if you did ask this, here's why. Since I started this so late...8:00 p.m. on 9/30...I figured it'll be going straight to the UFO shelf for a time as I'll need to get started on an October UFO...and I don't want to wait until the last minute. This way, the components are cut, counted, bundled and labeled, and the instruction sheet is marked. The only additional cutting that will be needed prior to sewing is with that smaller bundle of 3" white background squares. They get cut into half-square triangles and I didn't want that bias edge to be exposed, plus it's a whole lot harder to bundle a triangle than it is a square or rectangle. The borders will have to be cut too, but that of course will wait upon the center being finished. I'm anxious to sew again, so it may NOT go right on the shelf...we'll see, and I'll keep you posted.
And now, why did I wait until the last minute? Between "home" stuff with Marty's 24/7 presence & his surgery last Thursday, chores, financial evaluations, Nick's dental appointment, restarting my meetings with my Padawan (quilt student), a few bouts of depression and self-pity and finally getting back into the quilt room, of which the latter just took more time and effort than I thought it would. The room is 'workable', and I'm trying to make it as efficient as I can while I'm 'forced' to do without the much needed cabinets and drawers...it's challenging, and I'm already thinking of re-arranging a few of the present things as I think it will be best to have the sewing machine set up on the SewEzi table all the time, so that I can use the desk area both for cutting and for my genealogy paperwork. I'll keep you posted on that process too.