Monday, October 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Have you seen all the projects on design walls posted over at Judy's Patchwork Times?  If not, you'd better head over there.  There's a whole bunch of fun stuff in those linked up posts :)

Right on target, at 11:00 p.m. PDT last night, I sewed the last stitches on the borders of Grandma's Scrap Bag.

I don't know what I was thinking.  Actually I do, I was thinking 5 1/2" cuts for the borders, which is what the pattern calls for.  Hah! Want to know what I cut the very first one at?  5 1/4"!!  Now why on earth did I do that?  I don't know, I don't know. And when you cut 5 1/4", you can't add that 1/4" back on, especially when you've set aside just the amount of fabric for the borders!  So what did I do?  I cut them all at 5 1/4"  - seriously, 1/4" is not going to make a difference on this quilt.  No problemo. 

All sewn and pressed, ready for borders

Borders have been added.

Close up for border.
And even though it came out ok, that old reminder rings loudly in my ears "Measure twice, cut once" and always be attentive.

I look at this flimsy and it makes my heart light.  It's a happy quilt, refreshingly crisp and cheery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...