Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August UFO Challenge Selection

Judy chose #7, as you already know if you follow her.  My #7 is a quilt I started for my daughter and son-in-law for their wedding.  Well, that was three years ago. The piecing is all done, but it needs borders and that's where I stopped.  If I remember correctly I had some indecision as to what I wanted to do, so will pull it out and see what I can decide and endeavor to at least make some progress on it. 

Much to my dismay, as I was updating my UFO status (more for myself than any requirement) I realized I've made NO progress on any of the selections for the last three months.  Yep, that's right.  Ahem, in my own defense, instead of May's selection I continued with April's through May, and then in June I was on vacation so took a different one with me but never opened the container to work on it, and July, well, there is no defense for July other than I just didn't feel like quilting/piecing! And I was working on other things...I still have a self-imposed deadline of having things cleaned, packed, given away, etc and things chosen for that kitchen remodel by 12/1/2012! so that work can begin in January...and I'm not getting very far!

Here's what's on the slate for August:  #7  "Victoria's Wedding Quilt"


 It's a very large quilt as they have a California King bed. The blocks had not yet been sewn together for this photo as I was still trying to decide whether to leave in rows/columns or put on point.  I decided against on point, not because I didn't like how it looked, but I didn't want to mess with figuring out the setting triangles for it.  I wasn't following any specific pattern, just doing an easy 4-square block with sashing and cornerstone blocks.  It would be nice to have this one done by Christmas!  Oh, ignore that RWB star block, that was a block for the quilt guild awhile back, a long while back.

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- this is a very striking piece ... it doesn't look like you've got much left to finish it, do you? The piecing, anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...