Thursday, May 7, 2015

Chugging and Spinning

Around here that's what it seems I do, chug along and spin wheels, or rooms a la vertigo.

With all the other usual nonsense, of which I've probably posted too much on, my anger and frustrations have come out too often lately.  It's been one of those weeks.  I was reminded of a saying I've heard: "If you do what you've always done, you get what you always got."   It's paraphrased, and various versions have been attributed to Mark Twain, Henry Ford, and others.   I just don't know how or what to change to get different results.  Maybe it's just my expectations that need to change.

My dad gets his lower back cortisone shot today.  His brother is helping him with his appointment as he needed someone to be there and drive him home.

Marty is down in the dumps fearing he's going to be let go from this job that he's now had just a year.  I think the long commute wears on him. 

Marty and Nick have been doing some research on economical cars and if we get a third vehicle, Marty will drive it to & from work to save on fuel costs, and Nick will drive the 4-Runner to and from school which is only a few miles per day.  It's a huge NO on the Prius...Nick thinks they're the ugliest car in the world.

I signed Nick up for piano and voice lessons.  He will have them on alternating weeks.  He's previously had a year and more of piano.

I'm off to the shower, then chores, and hope to get a little more stitching done on that quilt I started earlier in the week.   If you missed it, check at Webs of Threads, my all-things-thread-related blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...