Monday, January 4, 2016

Round Two

OK, I'm ready for 2016 to start all over with different results.  

I was quite happily and intent-edly getting my address books updated and my Christmas card list in order (to be ready for 2016's Christmas) when I decided to check my Facebook page.  

Unfortunately, there was a message there from Marty saying today was lay off day at the company he just started working for this past July, and he was among those who had to pack up and leave.   He is now home, and seems more hopeful than I expected, and certainly more hopeful than when he was laid off back in August 2013.  I don't know that I'll fair well going through how he was then....I have enough of my own "issues" that I've been struggling with.

The Lord will see us through this; I believe that; I just don't relish the process...and the hit to the bank account during the time it takes for him to find employment again, which hopefully will happen.  At 61, finding employment is harder (veiled age discrimination is a reality) and he's still too young to retire.   My selfish self isn't ready for him to be home 24/7 yet either.

My efforts on the address book and card list were completed.  I then spent 20 minutes on hold to the pharmacy to get a prescription filled before giving up and then just driving there.  I think I was home with refill in hand in less time than I'd spent on hold! 

In trying to prepare a post on Webs of Thread, Blogger/Firefox freezes as soon as I try to add my photos, so I'm giving up for now.  It past time to get dinner started.

I pray tomorrow is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...