Friday, June 1, 2012

How May Ended - update of 5/14 post

 Update:  I have made no further progress on this since this original post, in fact, it still looks just like this on the design wall.  When I started work on it in May, it was just a box of pieces that I'd already cut, so all-in-all, a great deal of progress was made, although I should have been able to get the borders on but was side-tracked by some other activities.  So it goes.

I'll be linking this up over at Patchwork Times . I love seeing what everyone's working on.

I've made progress on this one, the blocks and the rows are all sewn together and I rather like the look, 'old' as it may be. The border fabrics in contention are the two shown on the right as my original choice was clearly a no-go. The photos don't give a very good likeness, but I'm sure my choice is the bottom one. I've asked three others who have been here and they agree. This top will have reached its progress limitations once the borders are on...at least until I can get some other projects which are already pinned, quilted and thus freeing up the basting pins.

Link



Not sure why my camera seems to be making the pics look hazy or milky - maybe just on my computer.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're right the bottom one it is! Love those scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I agree with your choice on the border fabric. Nice design

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot of eye interest in that quilt -- what a pretty finish it will be! I hope you enjoyed a happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scrappy look! The bottom one is best - there's not enough contrast with the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Scrappy quilts are the best, aren't they? It will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...