Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Latest Latest

What's that I say? The latest latest? Who knew it would be so long before the next update? Shush! It happens, and you know how frequently I get to my blog...not!

Anyways, here's what's been happening. Obviously, the sink delay has caused all things to be delayed. In my last post, I'd decided to go with an alternate sink, a second choice, and when it came in, I went to pick it up, inspecting it first and glad I did because it had damage! It had a crack in the rim. It took the vendor a couple days to get back to me with a delivery date on a replacement for that model and...hold onto your hats folks...five months!! Unbelievable, so here I've sat awaiting a sink since first-ordered in January. Twiddling my thumbs, fuming internally, frustrating to the max, not wanting to go to the local big-box hardware store for their offerings (their display models were very ripply-looking), and then on Tuesday, I get a text from our contractor who suggests I call the vendor.

I grabbed my phone, oh wait! a message...from the vendor, telling my my sink is here...my first choice sink! Are you kidding me? That's not a funny joke! No, really, first choice sink, it's here. I grabbed my son and off we went to see for ourselves because as you know, seeing is believing, right? Sure enough, it was the original and it wasn't damaged and you've never seen such elation and ear-to-ear grins on customer and vendor alike!! That sink is now sitting in our garage.

And as you know, we had also had an issue with the range hood, and that has good news too as the fourth delivery (directly to the vendor) was a good one, so it is also sitting here awaiting the return of the contractor, who is on vacation for a few more days. Folks, we may finally get this kitchen finished. It's getting close to Memorial Day, so scheduling may be met with some issues, but I'm good with that. I'm just so very happy at this point that the two problematic issues have finally been remedied. I'm only praying that the still-boxed remaining appliances have no damages...wouldn't that be a kicker!

While this all was happening, there was one wall that just wasn't up to snuff in regards to appearance with very obvious lines and pits from the taping & mudding, so the contractor's guy had to re-do that. While not 'perfect', it is much better than it was. This old house is so out of plumb that some of those types of things have had issues, or at least that's what I'm told, but I have some of my own thoughts about skills and abilities vs. 'laziness' for lack of a better word; maybe inattentiveness is better?

Again, apologies for a lack of photos, there just isn't much to show at this point. I'll be so happy when the sink and the appliances are in place because that will mean it's done, and I can clean up the dust and grit, and start figuring out where to put everything with the new cupboard and drawer layout. So, until next time, keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...