Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Still Chewing, and High Anxiety

OK, so my last DOOW post talked about eating elephants 'one bite at a time'.  Well, those bites are pretty small, but I'm still chewing though some require lots of chewing. Progress is happening, yet it seems barely visible.

Oh, and on top of all that, how many remember way back when, 2012 to be exact, when we went through our bathroom remodels? We were on board to get started on the kitchen in early 2013. Just think, I could've been enjoying that new kitchen for the last nearly-six years, but I responded badly to an issue, and in my sinful response, wanted nothing to do with proceeding with the kitchen and we never signed the contract. Then, God had other plans for life events which kept us from proceeding, and fast forward to recent days, I've been complaining a lot about the kitchen's condition, every appliance is on its last leg, the base of the faucet is lifting from the badly chipped and stained sink (no amount of cleanser or bleach has helped), cupboards (ca. 1966) are showing their age (cheap construct to begin with), the funds have been set aside for all these years, and the burden of knowing it needs to get done is weighing me down, and my estimated life (aside from God's plan) span left on this earth is dwindling, I finally made the call to our contractor to re-bid. 

My anxiety threshold is at its peak, and I am so not ready for all the decisions that need to be made, but that first bite of this elephant needs to be taken. I've pretty much concluded that the less input my hubs has, the better...it will be better for us that way. The first bite was setting up the contractor appointment, and he'll be here at 4:30 today (PST). I've already been informed that demo and construction won't be able to start until mid-February at the earliest, so that gives me a deadline date to have all things in place: sorting, clearing, shopping for all the necessary required items, and maybe going to a doctor for anxiety meds (said tongue-in-cheek!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...