Monday, January 29, 2018

Missing Winter

I'm sure there are many of you out there who would argue and say you'd LIKE to miss winter, but for us out here in SoCal, we've had a very mild, all-too-warm, winter.  Today is pushing 80ºF.  I'm hoping that after this next 10+ days of heat-wave, pushing toward 90ºF, we might get some cooler temps, but that may not happen.  We've only had one really good rain storm hit all fall and winter to date...not good! The hot days of summer 2018 are coming in early. 

Earlier today, I took some material out to the compost bin, stopped to check on the hummingbird nest outside my kitchen window and discovered it has one egg in it.  I'd not seen the hummingbird working on the nest nor sitting in it so was a bit surprised to see an egg.  A short time later, she was sitting on it.  I've had at least two individual hummers hanging around since summer, so have kept the feeder going with a minimal amount in it. 

I also noticed the daffodil/narcissus stems are coming up and have a bud or two showing.  The neighbor's ornamental pear is also starting to bloom, the jade plant had just begun to bloom a few weeks before Christmas and is now covered in little white flowers, and the little purple violet plant near my front door has several blossoms.  

Genealogy, and paper de-clutter projects have been filling most of my time in recent weeks - there's much to do.

Even going to Road 2 California with my friend Panda and another very nice lady I met for the first time, hasn't sparked me to get back to much quilting.  The projects are sitting there, making me feel guilty that they're neglected, but still...just sitting there.  Oh, and R2C was actually a LOT of fun with these two gals, but yowza, my aching feet and back by the time the day was over - so, so out of shape!

Too many places have become over-cluttered while I've neglected to deal with them the past few years and now even my son Nick is pestering me to 'clean it up Mom'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...