Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring Blooms From the Wet Land

I'll mostly let the pictures speak for themselves.  I sure enjoyed seeing all of these blooms, and even more of which I didn't take photos of.  All are from my parents yards.

Crocus 02/09/2014









Strawberry blossoms, and uh, weeds too.
These are commonly known as Wild Flags (a wild iris).  I understand my mom dug up some bulbs from the ranch where I grew up.  I remember finding them as a child and being amazed by them. They only reach about 6"- 8" high and they didn't open up well with the cold overcast days before wilting completely.

Violets


Crocus

Hyacinth






These blooms photos are not in chronological order, the tulips came in way after all the rest, and the crocus were back in the early part of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...