Monday, October 28, 2013

Design Wall Monday - October 28, 2013

The worst part about this time of year is that it rolls by way too fast.  We're already back at Monday, which seems like it was just here!

a single 9-patch
On my design wall this Monday, as a follow-up to my post on the 25th (Friday) are a few blocks now assembled. I've just randomly scattered them onto the design wall, even overlapping for now.  They will finish at 4.5" so there will be a whole bunch more...and how will they be laid out and assembled?  Well, that will be shown toward the end of the week for the October NewFO link up at Cat Patches. 
a smattering of 9-patches on the design wall
I don't know about you and yours, but my scrap bins are really beginning to look skimpy.  They are certainly devoid of neutrals.  At some point I'll have to dig into fat quarters and yardage to get enough for a couple of additional projects I'm prepping for and then when those run out, I may have to beg for funds to buy more ;)
a closer look at some of the 9-patches
One problem with continuously working with just your existing scrap bins is that you see the same fabrics over and over and over, and I'm tiring of some of them.  I may have to see what I have in my stash for a few future quilts of 'new' fabrics to mix this scrap pile up a bit. 

As is the norm on Mondays, I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times.  I saw some new stuff in the thumbnails there, so will now have to go see what you all are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...