Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday & Looking For the Joy

Once again, time escapes me.  How does that happen?  I've read others' blogs but haven't made an entry myself.  So, let's see, what's been going on since Monday?
  • Marty is still without work.  He had at least one phone interview yesterday, from a large city in the northwest which wouldn't by my first choice, but hey, you go where you gotta go and it would put us closer to family.
  • Marty has to have another surgery, this time on the 28th and it's an overnight stay at the hospital.  Nothing life-threatening, but it sure would have been better to have taken care of the issue years ago rather than waiting until now when he needs to be looking for work.  It is what it is.
  • Our next appointment with the financial advisor is this next Thursday.  I'm not liking that all the info gathering rests on my shoulders.  My way of tracking, categorizing, is not the same as the advisor's and he wants it his way.  Such joy.  In the meantime, Marty consults with his buddies and ignores discussing this process with me, sigh!
  • Housework.  Yep, good old laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, sweeping floors, scooping cat litter, dirty dishes, paying bills, you name it, it's mine to do.  Hark! Is that the trash truck I hear? Yep, and nope, the trash didn't get set out.
Is there room for me?
Alright, already, I suppose that's enough of what's negative, is my disgruntlement showing?  Onward and Upward:
  • I had a lovely, all too brief, time with my quilting student Renee (note that I've changed her name from Spice now that I know her middle name) on Wednesday.  We took the summer off and resumed meeting just a few weeks ago though she hadn't made much progress on anything until this past week.  It's hard with three young kiddos.  This week, she sewed the binding onto her second quilt, the one for her son, and has about 1/3 left to hand-stitch down.  She also worked on the accidental 3rd quilt, also for her son.  I don't remember if wrote about that.  She was making a pieced backing for the #2 quilt, but it ended up such that she would be cutting off too much of what she wanted to keep on the back when trimming for the binding, so ended up with plan B, making a new backing for #2 and turning the pieced backing into #3, which works really well since there are bunk beds in his room and now he'll have co-ordinated quilts :).  She's also been very busy on her now #4 quilt, one for her #2 child and eldest daughter.  She's stayed up till the wee hours of the morning as she wants it to be a surprise for the child even though the child knows she'll be getting one also, and helped pick out the fabrics.  She wants to have it done for her by Christmas.
  • I've made good progress on Grandma's Scrap Bag and am sewing the rows together.  I should be able to have it to the flimsy stage this weekend, and be in good position to get started on an October NewFO, and I think I know what I want to do.
  • The last two nights' sleep have been better than any others this week.  
  • A wayward nephew is home from a five year stay at a government institution.  Please pray for him.
Now I lay me down to sleep...
Mom, I'm just guarding your rows, making sure no one steals them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...