Friday, November 25, 2011

Fina-Lee Friday

I was going to post some traffic 'rants' for this edition of Fina-Lee Friday, but after coming from my friend's memorial service, well, it just doesn't seem appropriate to rant and complain, so I'll save those observations for another time, and really, while they may come across as rants, they are observations.

  • I've still not done anything this week quilty, although I got my sewing table cleared off and the dust under control that was covering my sewing machine.
  • I have worked on one of those on-again/off-again needlepoint projects though. I used to do at-home parties for needlecraft with Artcraft products back in the early 1980s and still have a box of the kits. One project is called "Magi" and is an embroidery of the 3 wise men with their gifts and shows the heads of the camels too. It was issued in 1979, but I got mine much later and at a special price, and didn't begin working on it until Jan 2006. I'm still working on it. I doesn't hurt my wrist to work on it either, so that's a good thing. At the rate I'm going, it'll take at least another 10 years to complete.
  • Our Thanksgiving day was nice. My 'boys' (Marty and Nick) relaxed all day while I 'slaved', lol, away in the kitchen. It was just the three of us, but I did the full meal of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing (funny story there! ended up having to make it from scratch!), broccoli, peas & onions, sauteed mushrooms, biscuits, and the 'goody' stuff of cranberry sauce, olives, sweet pickles, deviled eggs and Martinelli's. I even decorated the table with our big Halloween pumpkin, some leaves from the front yard and some fruit from the fridge. It always amazes me that we (ahem, I) spend so many hours preparing this sumptuous meal, and we're done and over with at the table in 30 minutes or less. Ah well, it was enjoyed by all and that alone is pleasure enough...and we get all the leftovers to pick at for several days :) I took many photos of the prep, but will wait and post later when I don't quite have enough words, as if. I pushed myself to go ahead and completely pick down the carcass and bag that carcass and put it in the freezer for soup at another time. Still haven't washed a couple pans and the roaster, but will get to it. All else is cleaned up and was before bedtime...and I slept very well.
  • We're getting a real heat-wave over the next couple of days. It's suppose to be in the mid-80s again by Sunday :( No-No-No, summer is OVER! bring back my fall weather, please! Thankful it was overcast and cool for Thanksgiving...reminded me of childhood :) And the colors of fall, which are rare and short-lived here typically, are just wondrous this year, what joy that is for this duck out of water living in a dry land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...